My name is Drew Lehman and my professional goal for the future is to become a secondary education English teacher!
I am currently a senior this year at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Right now, I am in my very first semester of my fieldwork experience which will later form into my student teaching. The difference between this semester and next semester is I have a bit more of a hands-off experience this semester which focuses more on me observing and learning the skills, while next semester it will solely be "my" classroom and I am the one teaching the students.
I am not sure what grade level I will want to focus on teaching in the future but for now, I have enjoyed the high school experience so far! My certificate will allow me to teach grades 4-12 so I have quite a few grade level options to teach English in the future post-graduation. I like the idea of teaching middle school due to some of my favorite books (the outsiders, for example) being in some middle school curriculum but am open to anything!

Test!
ReplyDeleteHi Drew! I love the personal book-board image you included in this post! I think it really shares a lot about the media you are interested in and many of the books you display connect well with your description of grade level you aspire to teach. Looking forward to reading more from you!
ReplyDeleteHi Drew! I'm excited to hear more about your student teaching experience. To me that's the scariest part of earning the teaching license. It would be wonderful for you to do some student teaching in middle school to see how it compares to high school. Personally, I was not a fan of subbing in middle school but I am always grateful to teachers who like those grades.
ReplyDeleteDrew, it is great to see your literacy selfie collage pop up here. It showcases what a great smile you have :)
ReplyDelete